Possessing physical beauty is part and parcel of being a model, and a big part of the beauty requirement is having clear skin. Just take a look at any gallery, catwalk, or advertisement and you’ll find all the models have seemingly flawless skin.
Why is it important for models to have great skin? Well, for one, you might notice that faces are exposed most of the time. Many models have unique facial characteristics, but a clean and clear face helps highlight the strongest features on one’s face – and doesn’t take away from it. In addition, this lets makeup artists focus on enhancing one’s face instead of covering up unwanted details.
Skin on the body is also exposed in varying degrees, depending on the kind of modeling one needs to do. Having clear skin becomes important in this aspect so that viewers can focus more on the clothes and other products being showcased. Skin imperfections can serve as distractions, so models really need clear skin.
There’s also a personal benefit that comes with having great skin. People often feel less confident when they have breakouts or when their skin generally looks unhealthy. With skin that’s clear and flattering, you will be able to strut your stuff with greater confidence, making your modeling more effective.
Here are some tips on how to get clear skin, so you’d look flawless without needing to be Photoshopped:
- It’s important to drink lots and lots of water, because it cleanses your system and keeps your body functioning properly. You’ll definitely see the difference after a few days.
- A healthy diet is also a good way to make sure your skin becomes healthy. So eat right!
- Sometimes, soap and water just won’t be enough. You can use cleansers, cosmetics, lotions, and peels to care for your skin. Just make sure you use the products that your skin reacts well to. Some products may just make things worse, so it’s good to find the one that’s just right for you.
- Exercise. The increased blood flow from physical activity will allow your skin to be more nourished, as oxygen is taken to the skin cells by the blood. Some of the skin’s waste products can also be flushed away by the blood flow. Exercising is also a great way to relieve stress, which can contribute to skin issues.
- Careful with the makeup. There may be some makeup products that aren’t good for your skin, and you’ll be exposed to a lot of that as you try to make it big and even once you’re a full-fledged model. A particular brand or a certain type might trigger an allergy or initiate an outbreak, so do make it a point to clear this up with the makeup artist or through your agent.
Clear skin is an important aspect of physical beauty, and this is more pronounced in the modeling industry. Some people are lucky, being born with the genes that allow them to have great skin and complexion without having to do much. Some have to work for it, and getting the look you want will involve some discipline. Then, you’ll have to keep maintaining the good habits that give you great skin. At the end of the day, though, it will all be worth it because of the benefits clear skin offers.